Enhancing Cyber Security: The Vital Role of Testing and Risk Mitigation Strategies
von itsbusiness AG
Testing is an important strategy for Cyber Security. There are a number of topics which must be considered to reduce the possibility of cyber intrusions into your systems via test environments.
- Test Architecture. This must not be left open to attack, allowing a back door to the live systems.
- Test Environment. It is important to have a well-designed test environment which is completely separate from the live system, so that any vulnerabilities here cannot be exploited by cyber-attack.
- Risk. A full risk assessment of possible weaknesses in security should be carried out.
- Supplier Software. This is an often-used way to exploit system, you need to be aware of cyber-security vulnerabilities in supplier software you use and mitigate for these.
- Test Data. This data should be synthetic or anonymised. Never use real customer data, it could be stolen from the test system.
- Test Organisation. External testers are often used, they should only have access to the test environments.
- Testing. A well tested system has better quality and will be more resistant to cyber-intrusion.
Help identify the risks and vulnerabilities in your software and testing with our Software QA Health Check.
We ask you 15 questions from our extensive questionnaire and analyse your answers to give you an overview of the state of your processes.
Book an appointment for our free 45 minute online video assessment by clicking on this link: